Madison Aboud hosts a PASC conference

Madison Aboud hosts a PASC conference
Riley Ross

When Altoona hosted a Pennsylvania Association of Student Councils (PASC) conference, freshman Madison Aboud was a participant, and her student council adviser anticipated this was something she would enjoy so that opportunity was offered to her.

During the PASC meeting things such as caucasus, speeches, a general session and the playing of a band had occurred. They all focused on how to be better leaders and how you can do the best you can for student council in your school.

“The organization needed somebody to host for 2023, and they asked Altoona to do it,“ Aboud said.

In the 1980’s, her grandfather hosted a PASC meeting in Altoona for their 50th anniversary. He loved doing this and this later led to him going on to host state conferences later. That was a big reason that she was interested.

“There’s a different school that hosts every year, then their regional conference is usually in the spring,” Aboud said.

Once Aboud participated in a Pennsylvania Association of Student Council conference, it was filled with many bittersweet experiences. And her grandfather was by her side keeping her sane the entire time during the conference.

“He was backstage keeping me sane. It was a full circle bittersweet experience,” Aboud said.