McGee joins yearbook during senior year

Lydia Beltz

Senior Aaliyah McGee stays involved in her school. One of the many classes she’s involved in is yearbook, a class for students to take pictures and create templates for the school’s yearbook.

There are many people involved in yearbook, all with different roles. Each role plays an important part in the production of the yearbook.

“I am the program manager. It basically has to do with a lot of team building and bonding activities,” McGee said.

Her interest in yearbook peaked through her friends and through watching what the group had to offer. The staff does a lot of working together and connecting with each other.

“It just seemed really fun, and seeing the stuff that they got to do like taking pictures looked really fun,” McGee said.

To be on the yearbook staff, adviser Wanda Vanish must select who she believes is fit for the staff based on grades in Intro to Publications and teacher recommendations. McGee has two class periods for yearbook.

“I wish I was in yearbook more of the day. I wish it was more classes than just the classes I have now,” McGee said.

Students are able to start joining yearbook their freshman year. McGee started yearbook her junior year to meet friends and work with everyone.

“My favorite part of yearbook is seeing and spending time with everybody,” McGee said.

McGee enjoys her time on yearbook and seeing her friends. She does not plan on doing anything related to yearbook in her future.