• May 10Announcements for 05/10/24
  • May 10Lunch for 05/10/24 - Hot Ham & Cheese on Pretzel Bun
  • May 10Breakfast for 05/13/24 - Waffles
  • May 9Announcements for 05/09/24
  • May 9Breakfast for 05/10/24 - Biscuit with Sausage Gravy
  • May 9Lunch for 05/09/24 - Turkey Stack, Mashed Potatoes
  • May 8Lunch for 05/08/24 - Chimichurri Pork Tacos, Refried Beans

Ashley Carini and why she joined Mountain Echo, Horseshoe Yearbook

Adrielle McNeal

Senior Ashley Carini joined the Mountain Echo for the love of writing, planning to only do that, but journalism teacher Wanda Vanish had another plan for her.

Carini has had a passion for writing from a young age, taking a creative class her freshman year.

“I wanted to take more writing classes after that but I wasn’t able to, so they placed me in Intro to Publication. I hated being on Mountain Echo at first after Intro to Publication. I hated writing in that class,” Carini said. 

Carini then later signed up for Horseshoe hoping to find a way out of it, but that’s when she found out she was doing both.

“Now I like the Mountain Echo over Horseshoe,” Carini said. “I actually don’t like Horseshoe, I mean I like it, it’s not like what I thought it was going to be like. It’s much more difficult than I thought, and I’m very happy to be on Mountain Echo because I love writing.”

Carini has always had a passion for writing and photography from creative writing. 

“When I was little I would always write. Actually, I’m bilingual, so I’d write in two different languages and my mom was like ‘you can’t write like that,” Carini said. “Then photography. I camp a lot, I love camping and every time I saw something in nature, I would take a photo. I picked up a camera, and my mom said “you like photography. I can tell you like photography.” 

After graduation, Carini plans to become a small arms/artillery repairer in the army. She comes from a long family line of people who serve so she understands the training which includes 10 weeks of basic training, seven weeks of advanced individual training, 93 ASVAB score, General maintenance(GM) and 18 Nationally recognized certification available.