Announcements for 1/24/2024

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 24, 2024

All students in a 10th grade homeroom should report to the auditorium at the end of homeroom today for a scheduling meeting with your school counselor. CTC students must attend the meeting and report to the CTC when finished.

Hey AAHS! There’s a great lineup of activities to attend in the Field House this week:
Wednesday – Gymnastics vs. DuBois at 6:30
Thursday – Bocce match at 4:00
And the Maniacs #FunkyFriday theme for this week is on THURSDAY, since there is an in-service (YES!!) on Friday. The theme is DECADES DAY – dress in your favorite decade for a chance to win a free Sheetz card!

Attention students: Bring $1.00 to Girls League during lunches to wear a hat today. All money will be donated to the Humane Society. If you don’t want to wear a hat, you can still bring in money or any needed items to the Main Office. A few items needed are soft dog treats, clumping cat litter, and 33-gallon trash bags. Additional items needed are listed on posters around the school.

Attention Juniors: Portrait pages for the school yearbook are now on display outside room B130. Please check your photo and name spelling by the close of school today. Any issues must be reported to Mrs. Vanish in room B130.

Attention Graduating Seniors: First Commonwealth Bank is announcing its Scholarship fund. To be considered for this $1,000 scholarship, you need a 3.0 GPA in order to complete an online application and essay, 500 words or less, detailing how you have made a difference in our community and how that involvement impacted our community and life. Deadline is March 1st.

Attention Seniors: Are you looking for another scholarship opportunity? Do you have a family member who is a Veteran? If you answer yes to both of these questions, then be sure to stop by the Guidance office literature rack and look for the Sweat 4 Vets Scholarship application. Completed forms must be submitted no later than April 1, 2024. Last year, seven $1,000 scholarships were awarded to deserving seniors and they are on track to do the same again this year!

Attention all students: Gettysburg College Jewish Studies Committee is awarding cash prizes of up to $1,000 during their Fourth Annual Georges Lieber Essay Contest on Resistance. To qualify for a chance to win you must write a 3,000-word essay regarding resistance currently going on in American life, an international crisis or a personal issue and submit the essay electronically before April 17th. Please stop by the literature rack outside of the guidance office for details.