Announcements for 3/7/2024

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY, MARCH 7, 2024

There will be a brief Astronomy Club meeting today from 2:50 – 3:15PM after school, only for students signed up to attend the club’s St. Francis University evening field trip the following week. We will review our trip agenda, and answer any questions you may have. Again, this is only for Astronomy Club members signed up to take the trip. Thanks, and we will see you this afternoon in the Planetarium!

Attention Drama Club: There will be a brief meeting today after school in the auditorium to distribute club t-shirts and go over upcoming events. We have a lot of important dates coming up with the spring musical and spring trip. Please see
Mr. Cossitor if you cannot attend.

Attention students: A representative of the Air National Guard will be here during lunches next Wednesday, March 13th to answer any questions you may have about joining the Air National Guard. Please be sure to stop by if you would like more information.

Attention Juniors: Do you consider yourself a high-achiever and like to challenge yourself? Have you ever considered going to West Point? If so, you may want to check out West Point’s Summer Leaders Experience! They are offering a one-week program for Juniors to visit the campus, spend a week with the cadets, live in the barracks and eat in the mess hall! You will learn about military training and have the opportunity to challenge your level of fitness by participating in rappelling, Zodiac boats and combative training. Applications for this program are due by April 15th, look for flyers around the school or go directly to: westpoint.edu for more info.

Attention Seniors: If you are planning to apply for the Big A Booster Club Scholarship, the March 15th deadline is fast approaching. To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must be a member of a varsity sport and a parent must be a current member of the Big A Booster Club. Don’t delay! Other scholarships that share the March 15th deadline are Horatio Alger and the Class of 1971. Finally, the Gioiosa and McEldowney scholarships have a March 18th deadline!

Attention Seniors: The deadline to order the Class of 2024 Senior Panoramic has been extended. If you are still interested in purchasing a print of the picture for $25 from Two Twenty Studios, please pick up an envelope outside of Mrs. Dumm’s room, B120. Please make any checks payable to Two Twenty Studios. All orders and money are due to Mrs. Dumm in B120 no later than today.

Attention Juniors – Are you interested in being a Senior Class Officer next year? If so, pick up an application outside of Mrs. Dumm’s room, B120. All completed applications are due no later than Thursday, March 28th. No late applications will be accepted. A mandatory meeting for all interested applicants will be held in
Mrs. Dumm’s room on Thursday, March 28th at 7:00 AM.

Attention SOAR students: Permission slips for our March 19th field trip are available outside of Mrs. Dumm’s Room, B120. Please pick one up as soon as possible.

Attention current Juniors: Applications are officially open now until March 31st for the Annual Readiness Institute Summer Discovery Program. This one-of-a-kind,
six-week paid summer experience will accept 12 students from Blair and Bedford counties combined. Accepted students will receive a $2,000 stipend and a laptop to use while enrolled in the program. Dates of the program are June 24-August 1, 2024. Email Mrs. Starr or Mrs. Biesecker if you are interested in applying.

Attention job seekers of all ages: DelGrosso’s Amusement Park is hiring for this upcoming summer! If you are interested in working for DelGrosso, please stop by and talk to the hiring rep that will be here during lunches today.

Seniors: If you sold PowerHouse Subs to help raise money for your AfterGlo, all money and orders are due to Mrs. Irwin in Room A334 by the end of the day today. The orders will be delivered on Wednesday, March 27th.

Seniors: If you want plenty of door prizes at your AfterGlo, then you need to help sell the remaining Gardner’s Candies. Stop by Mrs. Irwin’s classroom (A334) and pick up a box to sell. Easter is coming up soon and parents will be looking to buy candies to fill their children’s baskets.