• May 10Announcements for 05/10/24
  • May 10Lunch for 05/10/24 - Hot Ham & Cheese on Pretzel Bun
  • May 10Breakfast for 05/13/24 - Waffles
  • May 9Announcements for 05/09/24
  • May 9Breakfast for 05/10/24 - Biscuit with Sausage Gravy
  • May 9Lunch for 05/09/24 - Turkey Stack, Mashed Potatoes
  • May 8Lunch for 05/08/24 - Chimichurri Pork Tacos, Refried Beans

Madame Web: a must not watch

Madame+Web.+Senior+Ava+Rokosky+poses+like+Spider-man+in+the+hall.++
Lila Benjamin
Madame Web. Senior Ava Rokosky poses like Spider-man in the hall.

Sony’s new blockbuster movie and latest attempt at a cinematic universe “Madame Web” hit U.S theaters Feb, 14. Unsurprisingly, it bombed in the box office and critic reviews didn’t have anything nice to say either, causing the movie to lose over 11 million dollars. “Madam Web” is a movie that everyone should avoid watching.

“Madame Web” Dakota Johnson and follows the reimaging of the classic marvel superhero Madame Web where instead of being elderly women bound to a wheelchair, she is young paramedic named Cassandra Web who discovers her vague plot dependent superpowers as her “destiny” intertwines with three young girls, Julia Carpenter, Anya Corazon and Mattie Franklin played by Sidney Sweeney, Isabela Merced and Celeste O’Connor respectively; as they are being hunted by a familiar face.

Madame Web was produced and written by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Burk Sharpless – the same people who made Sony’s last box office flop “Morbius” , a movie so bad that it became a cultural phenomenon. You would think that after having two movies bomb in the box office prior (Venom 2 and Morbius) they would hire different people. But no they didn’t. Not even an amazingly stacked cast could save Madam Web from it’s fate of horrible dialogue and cringey and unexplained plot holes that run rampant throughout the movie’s entirety.

The overall all plot of “Madame Web” is based of a series of comics titled “Spider girl:Death of the spider women” where instead of a young madam trying to save a group of girls who will grow up to be superheroes, it follows the daughter of Spiderman trying to stop a villain from taking hers and other spider woman’s powers. So when Madame Web was marketed as a thrilling action packed superhero movie for mature audiences, with advertising suggesting that the cast would don their costumes. Many fan were upset and felt lied to that the costumes take up less than a minute and the action packed scenes were cut from the movie and replaced with over top chase scenes that were played out and boring

Overall “Madame Web” tarnishes its source material and relies heavily on the star power of the cast to bring in viewers to waste their money on two hours of horrible writing and badly scripted dialogue, all in the hopes of a sequel that will never come.

View Comments (1)