Students celebrate “TWOsday” with student discounts, giveaways

Peyton Daniel

Can’t Be Beat! Students rush to the student store as all prices were lowered to just 22 cents. In celebration of this rare date, students in all grades levels participated in the events the Student Council and Maniac members presented.

Peyton Daniel, Reporter

With the special date that has just passed, the Student Council and the Maniacs members combined together to offer a series of events for the school on 2/22/22. Students reported they had fun participating in the events and will have many memories from this Tuesday.

“One event that happened was looking for two’s around the school,” junior Marin Cooney said. “Even though this activity is super easy and simple, I think it was a good way to bring some excitement to the students’ lives. I know I had fun guessing and looking for the numbers throughout the school.”

Some of the student council members were not only surprised by the number of students who were willing to participate, but were glad that so many found it fun and interesting to participate together. 

“I knew that students were going to participate, but I didn’t think we were going to have 200+ students guessing,” sophomore Sam Kessinger said. “It honestly left me shocked, and it was fun waiting for the announcement that released the name of the winners. I know some of my friends were going all out and having a competition to see who could find them the fastest. It was nice seeing them all have fun.”

Student council members shared things they noticed while celebrating this date.

“I definitely noticed an increase in the number of students in the student store,” junior Tyler Houp said. “Since everything was only 22 cents, students were definitely taking advantage of the awesome price. Another thing I noticed was how many students kept their eyes on the walls, in search of the two’s. Everybody knew there was going to be an awesome prize for whoever guessed the closest, which ended up being a t-shirt. I feel like it made it so much more exciting. I enjoyed seeing students participating in the events we set up, and finding joy in it all. It was a nice little fun activity for the students who may have needed a break.”

Some of the Maniacs were willing to share some memories they will never forget about this day and how it impacted them.

“I feel like I’m always going to remember how quickly the word spread about these activities, and how many students actually pay attention to these things,” Cooney said. “I won’t forget the time when they announced the winner over the loudspeaker. Everybody became quiet, and the room just filled with excitement as the list of names was read aloud, listing the names of those who took the best guesses.”

Along with the students recognizing memories they will keep, advisers also shared how this day has impacted them and fun things they recognized.

“I love collaborating with Mrs. Kline, so that is a great memory,” Student Council adviser Jessica Hogan said. “ We even got tee shirts from Amazon that we paired with professional cardigans and dress pants. Mrs. Shope will remember a very busy day in the student store, and in the end, I hope we all remember to celebrate the little things that make each day special! I’m not sure if many students wore two colored things, but they definitely noticed the date when they wrote it. We had almost 300 kids respond to our “two” scavenger hunt, and several teachers told me they had students writing topics in two’s,” Hogan said. “Mrs. Shope reported that it was a very busy day at the student council store, so I know lots of students liked the 22 cent sale”