Senior shares thoughts on college SAT requirement

Senior+discusses+opinion+on+college+SAT+requirement.+Some+colleges+decided+to+get+rid+of+SAT+requirement+to+apply.+

Maddie Cowfer

Senior discusses opinion on college SAT requirement. Some colleges decided to get rid of SAT requirement to apply.

Maddie Cowfer, Reporter

Senior Abigail Quinn expresses her thoughts on SAT scores being a requirement to apply to some colleges. 

Q: Did you take the SAT ?

A: Yes, I took the SAT the fall of my junior year. 

Q: Did you apply to any colleges that require a SAT score? 

A: No, I only applied to colleges and was accepted into a college that does not require SAT or ACT scores. 

Q: Do you think SAT scores should be a college requirement?

A: I personally don’t think that should be required by some colleges. SATs are standardized tests just like the Keystones and PSSAs. They’re very stressful and time consuming.

Q: What are your thoughts on not all colleges requiring an SAT score?

A: Personally, it’s fine with me that not all colleges require SAT scores. I don’t like how some colleges base a student’s knowledge on their standardized tests scores. 

Q: Do you think that students should take the SAT, even if colleges don’t require it?

A: No, if the school you want to go to doesn’t require it, don’t take it. It’s too stressful and a waste of money to worry about.

Q: Do you think that all colleges should require SAT scores or all colleges not require it?

A: I guess it could vary with every college, but I think that SAT scores should not be a requirement to apply to some colleges. 

Q: Do you think the SAT correctly measures students’ academic knowledge and skills?

A: No. Some students aren’t good test takers, and could be super smart but freak out during a test. Tests don’t determine how smart you are, just what you’ve learned and remembered in the past.

Q: Do you think taking the SAT is important to go to college?

A: No, you can still get into and be successful in college and after you graduate without taking a standardized test.