Spring break plans

Students+and+staff+are+preparing+while+spring+break+is+approaching.++Many+of+them+have+different+ways+to+spend+their+break.+

Made with Canva

Students and staff are preparing while spring break is approaching. Many of them have different ways to spend their break.

Abigail Shearer, Reporter

This year, students will have a five day weekend for spring break from April 15 to April 19. While some are excited and have plans, others have to work and are looking forward to relaxing.

Biology teachers Teresa Rubine  and Heather Partsch are getting ready to kick it into action. 

Rubine will be going to the Pittsburgh Zoo in order to celebrate her three year old daughter’s birthday.

“We are going to spend Easter with some family then we are going to head to the Pittsburgh Zoo to celebrate her birthday. She’s turning  three and that’s her big gift,” Rubine said. 

On April 15, Partsch will be leaving for a trip to Florida to visit her daughter who attends college there. 

“I am going to be leaving on Good Friday to go to Florida because my daughter is doing the Disney college program, and I haven’t seen her since. I dropped her off right after Christmas. We’re not going to the Disney parks; we’re just visiting her and maybe going to the beach. We might try to go to Busch Gardens, and I have family down there,” Partsch said. 

Seniors Avery Reid, Caitlin Harshberger, Caleigh Rudy and Hailey Selvage plans differ from one other. 

Reid plans on taking a trip with one of her friends to visit another friend who lives out of state. 

“My friend and I are flying out of Latrobe, Pa.  We are going down to South Carolina to see our other friend who goes to school in Coastal Carolina. We are staying down there for five days. We might go to the beach and meet some new people,” Reid said. 

Harshbergers’s plans consist of catching up on lost time with her family throughout the competition season. 

“My spring break traditions are just spending time with family and doing an Easter egg hunt with the kids and coloring eggs. I also make a recipe for chocolate peanut butter eggs which came from my gram who passed away. We also decorate the house for spring and plant flowers, ” Harshberger said. 

Harshberger’s favorite holiday is Easter due to the fact of getting to spend time with her family.

“My favorite part about Easter is doing family traditions with everyone and having Easter dinner with my family that is close and family that lives far away,” Harshberger said. 

Rudy will be attending the Sweet Desire show on April 16. 

‘I’m very excited because their performances are hands down the best, and I’m super excited to see the drummer. It’s even more exciting because they’re headlining, so it’ll be a big turn out like always. Obviously spending time with my loved ones and getting to enjoy some music is something I consider special. I don’t necessarily celebrate it as much but my favorite part is seeing my family, friends and boyfriend,” Rudy said. 

Selvage’s plans consist of working and practicing for the spring musical.

“Unfortunately I will be working during spring break at a local restaurant; however, I have pit practice for the spring musical on Monday and Tuesday. I’m excited to not be up until 2 a.m. doing homework,” Selvage said.