Gymnastics team seeks fifth undefeated season

Go+gymnastics%21+The+returnee+gymnastics+team+members+pose+for+a+picture+at+practice.+There+are+11+members+returning+from+last+year.+

Grace Osmolinski

Go gymnastics! The returnee gymnastics team members pose for a picture at practice. There are 11 members returning from last year.

McKenzie Quirin, Reporter

On Nov. 16 the gymnastics season began with their first practice held in the field house.

The 2019 girls’ gymnastics team is made up of three seniors, eight juniors, five sophomores and five freshmen. There are ten meets and three championship meets. Mark Biseli is the coach for the girls’ gymnastics team.

Sophomore Cassandra Kyle, juniors Grace Osmolinski and Sidnie Yoder and senior Adyson Pellegrine hope for an undefeated season like the past four years as one of their biggest goals.

“We hope to have this be the fifth undefeated season in a row and place top three in the elite division at states,” sophomore Kyle said.

Osmolinski, Yoder and Pellegrine have the same opinion as Kyle about the hope of achieving at states.

“Our team goals this year are to maintain our title as district champions and qualify in the gold division at states,” junior Yoder said.

“Our team would love to be first in the state, but we would definitely love to beat Moon Township at states. We did really well last year,” junior Osmolinski said.

“We hope we do well at states in the gold division, and I think we will do great this season,” senior Pellegrine said.

All four girls agree that the new members will benefit the team this season.

“Based on the practices so far, our newest members bring fresh talent to the team and with hard work and dedication it looks like it is going to be a successful year,” junior Yoder said.

Each team member has personal goals for themselves this season as well as team goals.

“My main goal for this season is to place more on the floor, and I would also like to practice other events more,” junior Osmolinski said.

“My personal goal for this year is placing in all around at states,” senior Pellegrine said.

The four girls started gymnastics for similar reasons.

“I started gymnastics when I was younger because I thought it was really cool, and I started for high school because I missed the sport,” junior Osmolinski said.

“I started because I always loved the idea of being able to do cool flips and being really flexible,” senior Pellegrine said.

Kyle, Yoder, Pellegrine and Osmolinski have different opinions on what their favorite part of gymnastics is.

“My favorite part is how accepting and helpful everyone in the team is,” sophomore Kyle said.

“My favorite part of gymnastics is competing at the meets and cheering on my teammates,” junior Yoder said.