Aboud takes on many activities daily 

Mason Dale

Introduction to Publication students designed magazine covers to feature journalism students. Mason Dale designed this cover to feature Madison Aboud.

Freshman Madison Aboud has shown off her passions of writing and music since the fifth grade. She expresses these passions by writing stories for the newspaper and creating personal stories as well as performing in both the band and chorus. She keeps up this busy schedule while retaining good grades.

She has been writing for a few years creating stories and poems for her own pleasure. These stories range from many genres and themes.. She plans on taking this passion of writing stories throughout her entire life in the hopes of becoming an author. 

“So I do want my degree to be an English major with a minor in writing. Then ultimately what I want to have happen is to become an author. I love writing because it gives me a chance to talk about someone else’s story and let my imagination flow free and get out of the world for a little bit,” Aboud said. 

Besides writing, Aboud also takes part in both the school’s band and chorus. She has been playing the flute since the fifth grade and has had an interest in singing since her childhood when her mother would sing to her. She has performed in chorus concerts and football games for the band. 

“Music is me expressing myself to other people and singing is just something I’m very  passionate about and I know that it spreads a lot of happiness throughout the world. I think music is amazing and the flute sounds a lot like singing which is why I decided to play that instrument. So I just always thought the flute just had this beautiful sound that really resonated with me,” Aboud said.

Aboud continues to practice music almost everyday and plans on continuing throughout her time in high school. She is keeping up with writing stories in hopes of reaching her goal of becoming an author.