Announcements for 11/21

Attention students with dual enrollment at Mount Aloysius: The Mount has sent t-shirts for
each of you. T-shirt distribution will take place on Wednesday, November 30 th during
homeroom. Report to homeroom for attendance purposes, then come to the Guidance office
to pick up your t-shirt!

Basketball tryouts for 9 th graders will be held Monday the 21 st , Tuesday the 22 nd , and
Wednesday the 23 rd from 6-7:30 PM in the junior high fieldhouse. You must have a physical
turned in to attend tryouts.

Attention any Female Seniors interested in a career in transportation: The Central PA
Chapter of Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) is offering several scholarship
opportunities. To qualify applicants must be a female student and a US citizen, must be a
student residing in PA and must be considering a career related to transportation such as
CADD Specialist, Surveyor, Architect, Archaeologist, Construction, or Public Relations, just to
name a few. Stop by the Guidance office and pick up information from the literature rack.
Application deadline is December 9 th so don’t delay.

Attention seniors interested in becoming an Operating Engineer or Mechanic: Information
about the Western Pennsylvania Operating Engineers Joint Apprenticeship & Training
Programs is now available outside of the guidance office. Deadline to pick up applications is
December 9 th . Testing and Interview will be in January and February 2023 with selection by
April 1 st and training begins April, May and June 2023. Don’t miss out on this fantastic
opportunity!

The PA American Legion has provided us with information on their High School Oratorical
Scholarship which awards $7,500 for first place, $5,000 for second and $4,000 for second
runner-up. Stop by Guidance to pick up an application which is due no later than
December 4 th .