Announcements for 3/17

Attention 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th grade students: The AAHS Lioneer Dance Team is announcing that we will be using an in person tryout format for Lioneer tryouts this year.
All students entering grades 9-12 for the 2023-2024 are eligible to try out. Please email Mrs. Schmoke at [email protected] if you are interested in trying out. Provide your name, grade and school email address. Tryouts for the Lioneer Dance Team will be held on March 25th at 8:00am and will end at 11:00am

There will be an eligibility meeting for all spring athletes on Tuesday, March 21 in the Fieldhouse at 8:40 AM.

FCCLA is holding a Soap and Shampoo Drive for local elementary school children. Donations of soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste can be dropped off in the Attendance Office or A335 until March 31st. Thank you for your help.

Grab your piggy bank and drop some pennies! This week any student or faculty member can donate an endless amount of money to the “Pennies for Pets” fundraiser! Students can vote for their favorite dog or cat from the Central Pa Humane Society as they are pictured on jars during each lunch period and before school. Every coin donated will go straight to helping the humane society with the endless costs of our furry friends. If you choose to donate $1 or more, write your name on a paw to be hung on the bridge! As the totals add up, see how much your pet of choice earns using the daily total meter before a check is presented to our local Humane Society! This is the time to donate to a sweet cause and make a pet’s life even more special. Don’t forget your donations all this week as you change lives one paw at a time!

Attention Sophomores: Any tenth grade student interested in attending a leadership workshop is encouraged to sign up to interview for the nationally renowned Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Seminar. Deadline to sign up is Monday, March 20. Please email
Mrs. Anderson at [email protected] if interested. Students could earn college scholarships for being selected to attend this conference. The seminar this year is June 16-18 at Washington and Jefferson College. Our school can send one representative. The cost to attend is $225. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity. Feel free to visit www.hoby.org for more information.

Attention Juniors: The deadline for turning in School-to-Career applications is today,
March 17th. Completed applications can be turned in to Mr. Klausman (A227) by the end of the day.