Announcements for 3/31

Attention students who are 16 years of age and older: Student Council will be sponsoring a
bloodmobile on Wednesday, April 19 th . Sign-up sheets are located in the Jr/Sr reporting
rooms. Any student who is 16 will require parent permission. Parental permission forms are
located in the school store or in the Nurse’s office. Any student under the age of 16 is not
eligible to participate. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Dibert in the nurse’s office. Please
consider donating as the American Red Cross is always in need.

The next Friends of Rachel meeting will be TODAY, MARCH 31 st , during PERIOD 1. We will be
creating sidewalk art and positive sayings. If the weather is chilly (and it probably will be
during period 1), bring your hoodies/jackets to the meeting. We’ll meet in the open cafeteria
for attendance. Pick up your pass in the library and remember to have your first period
teacher initial your pass.

FCCLA is holding a Soap and Shampoo Drive for local elementary school children. Donations
of soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste can be
dropped off in the Attendance Office or A335 until March 31 st . Thank you for your help.

Even though our March Madness tournament is over, be on the lookout for some fast facts
in the Open and Closed Cafeterias about Metz and the amazing work these men and women
do to prepare our meals each day.
Did you know Metz received $200,000 each of the past two years through the Department of
Defense, to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to Altoona students?
Our bonus Mashed Potato Bowl day is coming in early April! Will you be ready?

Attention female students: Grier School, located in Tyrone, PA, is a private boarding school
for girls in grades 7-12, and they are looking for female summer counselors in the month of
July. If you are responsible, enthusiastic, compassionate, creative and like working with
students, please log onto our website for the link which provides all the details.

Attention Seniors going on to post-secondary education: If you have had a School Counselor
who has made a difference in your academics, career path, and/or social-emotional
development then you will want to submit an essay of no more that 500 words about your
experience to be considered for a $1,000 scholarship. The deadline for submissions is April 1 st
so stop by the literature rack for more information.