Student sponsors Pajama Day set for May 5

Made with Canva

May 5, 2023, students and faculty are permitted to wear pajamas to school. To wear pajamas, students and faculty must pay $1 to the main office in the B building. 

“We are having a pajama day tomorrow in honor of Brian Morden. His family and other people in our community have been trying to raise money for childhood cancer. So, with our dress down on Friday what we’re going to be doing is collecting a dollar from students, faculty and special education aides they are able to participate; they would pay the money here in the main office. So, just make sure they come down here to Mr. Neely’s office and then we will sign them up and they can wear their PJ’s all day,” administrative assistant Jaleesa Jackson said. 

The pajama day is sponsored by freshman Tristan Sunderland-Ebersole, for his Genius Hour project. The profits will be going towards the Brian Morden Foundation. 

“I got the idea from my volunteer work I did with charity and meeting Miss Good and seeing all the people that generally cared for the cause,” Sunderland-Ebersole said.  “It inspired me, and I wanted to help as much as I could. The planning was super hard. I met with Mrs. Stephens and with her help, I wrote Mr. Neely an email. He never got it and then after I had to change the date. My teacher Miss Kelly helped me email his secretary, Ms Jackson, and then it was just a waiting game because the communication was definitely a barrier I had to get through.”