Student council holds conference

Mattie Baker
Representing AAHS! Altoona has held this conference many times prior. They even did the first ever PASC conference in 1934.

This year’s PASC State Leadership Convention is being organized primarily by the student council, as well as other students and staff. It will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, Sep. 22 and will continue into Sep. 23. Schools all over Pa are coming together in Altoona to present on different topics, such as diversity and social experiences. 

“I think that this conference can really show people [that] Student Council is not just all about hosting things,” co-chair Lana Luke said. “It’s more about the people you’re helping. The people you’re doing it for. We like planning homecoming. We like helping put up posters. But it’s really important to be giving out to your community as a student council instead of just having a social media platform.”

The conference will include a variety of workshops, speakers, and even a dance on Friday night. The guest speakers of the event are Nick Tokman from “Deadliest Catch”, Hypnotist Jason Christopher and cancer survivor Alexa Score. To sign up to help, reach out to the student council advisers or Lana Luke