Open gyms to be held for winter sports

Gymnastics%2C+basketball%2C+swimming%2C+wrestling+and+indoor+track+are+all+winter+sports.+Athletes+interested+in+joining+any+of+these+should+go+to+the+open+gyms+to+make+sure+they+are+adequately+prepared+for+the+season.+
Emmalee Martyak
Gymnastics, basketball, swimming, wrestling and indoor track are all winter sports. Athletes interested in joining any of these should go to the open gyms to make sure they are adequately prepared for the season.

Any athlete interested in attending open gyms for winter sports should tune in to the announcements for information. 

Attending the open gyms can give students opportunities to learn the fundamentals and work on skills and techniques to help them excel in their whichever sport they choose. Though attendance is not required to join the teams, it is strongly encouraged. 

“It’s better for them because now they’ll be able to get to know teammates and the team and see what the expectations of them are,” athletic director Phil Riccio said. “They’re also building a rapport with the coaches.”