Oncoming opportunities

The opportunity fair provides ways to gain knowledge about future plans.
Megan Shultz
New Chances. The opportunity fair will be held on Nov. 14 and 15. Students are able to dive deeper into making decisions for the future.

The counseling office will be hosting the opportunity fair for the first time since quarantine. This is a way for students to look into post secondary options and get all of the information they would need to move forward with their education. The fair will be held in the fieldhouse on Tuesday Nov. 14 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. for whoever is interested. It will also be available on Wednesday Nov. 15 during the school day for juniors and seniors of Altoona and other local districts. 

“The fair gives students a nice grouping of options that they can get all in one place and be able to speak face to face with someone about different opportunities,” guidance counselor Rebeccah Anderson said. “It’s better than just looking at a website, which is helpful, but it’s nice to speak with someone about what the school offers, and get a background from them in just an hour or two.” 

There are a variety of different colleges, trade schools, technical schools, businesses, branches of the military and financial aid organizations that will be attending the fair for students to meet with.