PJAS Trip to St. Francis University’s STEAM Day

Up+in+space.+PJAS+members+kicked+off+the+school+year+by+attending+a+science+event+at+the+St.+Francis+Curry+Innovation+Center+on+Sept.+20.+Students+were+able+to+visit+a+NASA+exhibit+showcasing+elements+of+previous+and+possible+future+launches.+
David Borst
Up in space. PJAS members kicked off the school year by attending a science event at the St. Francis Curry Innovation Center on Sept. 20. Students were able to visit a NASA exhibit showcasing elements of previous and possible future launches.

On Tuesday, Nov. 21, St. Francis University is organizing its thirtieth annual STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) Day for high school students. Select Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science (PJAS) members will attend seminars about cryptography, ecology, astronomy and other science-related fields on campus.

“I’m looking forward to having fun, learning things and doing fun activities–if I get the fireworks seminar then I get to blow stuff up,” club president and senior Jacob Ceglar said with a smile. “I enjoy doing the activities they have up there at SFU.”