Thespians travel to Philadelphia Thespian Competition

Haven Femea
Ethan Eisenhart and Claire Piper tap dance at the practice session on Nov. 29 open to close friends.

On Thursday Nov. 30 2023 around noon, Ben Cossitor and The Altoona Area High School’s Thespian Society will travel to the Thespian Conference in Philadelphia. There they will compete in games in front of a judges panel made up of Broadway professionals and college professors. Two senior students will be entered for a chance to gain a scholarship. Last night these students had a run through to choose who would attend. There was a glimpse into many games, songs and dances.  The students and families seemed to be delighted with the experience creating high hopes for the trip to come. 

“It’s just going to be a fun time. They’re going to have a blast, seeing all the shows and doing all the workshops,” Cossitor said.

The Thespian Society offers an opportunity for those in the drama club to reach out and find a path in the theater department. There is a chance to get into a college upon graduation through a scholarship. To get into the Thespian Society students must find a great interest in the productions the drama club puts on. Staying active in the production process gives students a set of points in which Cossitor counts to tell if you’re going to be Initiated into the thespian Society.