FLC fundraises for field trips

Veronica Skomra
2022’s FLC members pose in front of the Strip’s “Light Up Night” Christmas tree.

The Foreign Language Club has been sponsoring fundraisers since September. They plan to fund trips to Mifflinburg and Pittsburgh during the middle of December. Advisers’ goals are for group members to learn parts of different cultures including food, history and manners. They try to go every year with 40 or more people.

“Last year was chaos because we were fundraising for France as well in addition to FLC. So it was a little difficult to manage, but I did it. Weirdly, it was really warm out when we went. We all had coats on but we ended up taking them off because it was so warm. It was a very odd year,” FLC adviser Veronica Skomra said. 

All spots for the field trips are filled, but they have a waiting list in case something happens and someone can’t go. FLC has started a new fundraiser too. They’re selling nine flavors of gourmet popcorn including cupcake, spider and cinnamon bun. They also have homemade fudge, peach rings, gummy bears and sour gummy worms for sale, plus assorted dog treats. The trips will be on Dec. 15 and 21, and the fundraiser will end on the Dec. 1.