Girls’ basketball season begins

Young+star.+Sophomore+Zaelinh+Nguyen-Moore+belongs+to+the+varsity+team.+Nguyen-Moore+has+been+on+varsity+for+two+years%2C+ranking+86+in+Pa+high+school+girls+basketball+for+2022.+
Amy Dean
Young star. Sophomore Zaelinh Nguyen-Moore belongs to the varsity team. Nguyen-Moore has been on varsity for two years, ranking 86 in Pa high school girls basketball for 2022.

On Friday, Dec. 1, the first away game of the basketball season begins. The players will be attending a tournament hosted by Northern Allegheny. The bus will depart at 2 p.m. Friday and return Saturday at 5pm.

“We won Districts last year and lost the first round when we made it to the State playoffs, so I hope we end up going to Hershey to play in the state championship which is further than last year,” senior Jersey Hollabaugh said. “I’ve played for so long and it’s been my everyday routine for the past eight years, so it’s going to be upsetting however it’s a bittersweet feeling because I’m going to college and off to bigger and better things.”

Their first home game is on Tuesday, Dec. 12, at the field house. They will be playing against Hollidaysburg. To find the rest of the schedule for the girls’ basketball team it is posted on MaxPreps