Wind ensemble to perform in band bash

Band+Bash+will+offer+attendees+a+look+at+students+performances+from+when+they+first+start+playing%2C+and+will+follow+as+they+gather+more+experience.+
Olivia McMinn
Band Bash will offer attendees a look at students’ performances from when they first start playing, and will follow as they gather more experience.

Band Bash will be held on Tuesday, March 12 in the auditorium. Cost for students and adults will be $3, and the concert will start at 7 p.m.. 

“The big thing that’s really neat about this night is, for the younger kids, it’s seeing the groups that they’re going to move up into,” band director Larry Detwiler said. “For the elementary to go, ‘Oh, they’d be the junior high band, there’s where we’re going next year,’ or for the junior high band to be looking and going, ‘Oh, yeah, there’s the high school, that’s where we’re going pretty soon.’ For our kids, it’s always really neat because they don’t have that looking forward part, but they come in and they’ve watched the elementary and they’re like, ‘Oh my gosh, I remember when I was on stage when I was an elementary kid, and we’ve come through and now we’re on the other end.’ It’s always really neat to be able to see it and remember what they came up through, and to take pride in being the big brother, being the end of the line.” 

The concert will kick off with pieces performed by students in the elementary school bands, followed by the junior high school band and will conclude with  a selection from the high school wind ensemble to conclude the night.

View Comments (1)