Announcements for 04/10/2024

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10, 2024

MARCH MADNESS UPDATE:
If you’re standing up in Reporting Room, sit down, or these March Madness results will knock you off your feet! The opening Round of 32 was full of remarkable bracket busters. In the Wright Region, Mr. McKinney shocked the Chorus world by advancing as a 7-seed. But chaos truly reigned supreme in the Keith Region, as we lost both a 1- and 3-seed, as Ms. Negri advanced, and Mrs. Chestney is going full Caitlyn Clark by giant slaying as a 9-seed. Will today’s Round of 32 conclusion be filled with similar drama? Vote early and decide for yourself!

Attention Anyone Interested in Bowling Club: Do you like to go bowling? Whether you are a current Junior Bowler in a league, just enjoy bowling with friends or family, or are just interested in trying it out, the Bowling Club is the solution for you. There is an organizational Bowling Club meeting today, Wednesday, April 10, 2024, in B217 at 2:45 PM.

On Friday, April 12 th , students who had perfect attendance for the entire third marking period are invited to the open cafeteria during 3 rd period to play board games and eat snacks. The eligible students will be receiving invitations during the homeroom on Friday. In order to be eligible for this reward, students must have had perfect attendance for the entire third marking period including no tardies or early dismissals. Field trips and athletic events do not count against your perfect attendance. If a student feels that he met the requirements but did not get a pass, please contact Ms. DeShong in A303 by noon on Thursday so that attendance can be verified.

The Maniacs are sponsoring April’s #FunkyFriday school theme day on FRIDAY, April 12 th . We are asking you to wear BLUE in honor of Autism Awareness Month. Let’s see the school get together behind this important topic! Remember – wear BLUE on FRIDAY, April 12 th !

Attention Seniors: If you ordered a copy of the Senior Class Panoramic from Two Twenty Studios, pictures can be picked up in Mrs. Dumm’s room, B120.

Are you ready to serve up some fun and excitement? Look no further than the AAHS Pickleball Club! Whether you’re a seasoned player or a complete beginner, our club is the perfect place to sharpen your skills, make new friends, and unleash your competitive spirit. Join us on the court as we rally, smash, and dink our way to victory! Pickleball is a fast-paced, easy-to-learn sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and ping pong. It’s the ultimate game for athletes of all levels and abilities. Join us for our first meeting Thursday, April 11 th at 3:00 p.m. in the Field House. See Mrs. Sipes for more information.

The Altoona Beauty School is having an Open House on Saturday, May 4 th from 10am – 1pm. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in cosmetology.

This week through Friday the 12 th , Ms. DeShong’s second period Freshman Seminar class will be fundraising for an animal shelter. Please bring in any toys, food, treats, blankets, or any other animal items on these days. You can drop them off at your homeroom at the beginning of the day. The deadline for all items is Friday morning. Please make sure to donate for the animal shelter!

Attention students: The next meeting of the Black Student Union will be held today, April 10 th from 3pm to 4pm in Room A229. If you are unable to attend, please keep an eye on the Google classroom for up to date club information. The Google Classroom code is hfce4mq. All students are welcome and encouraged to attend. For any further questions, please see Ms. Coffee in room A208. I hope to see you there!

Attention 9 th and 10 th grade students: Get ready to groove! It’s time to mark your calendars because the much awaited Spring Fling Dance is just around the corner!

Date: Thursday, April 11 th

Time: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM

Venue: High School Field House

$5 tickets for this electrifying event will be up for grabs before RR and during lunch!
But remember, you gotta have your school ID to join in on the fun! Plus, let’s keep it
clean folks – no probation status or unpaid fines allowed. Don’t miss out on the
hottest dance of the season! Let’s make some unforgettable memories together!
#SpringFlingDance #PartyTime

Attention Seniors:  Are you planning to attend post-secondary training to become an EMT or Paramedic?  The Guidance office has just been presented with a scholarship opportunity for students who are pursuing a career in the emergency medical services field.  Currently there is a dire need for emergency service providers not only in our area, but across the country! For more information about this scholarship opportunity, please email our 11 th  grade counselor, Mrs. Starr, at [email protected]. This opportunity won’t be around long so don’t wait!

Attention all Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors – Have you done any community service work in the past year? Community Service performed for the school course doesn’t count. If so, you could win $200 from The Challenge Program! We don’t have many applications yet so don’t assume you have not done enough community service to win. Applications for the Community Service awards are available outside the Guidance Office. Applications are due by April 15 th .