Foreign language students head to competition

The+French+students+from+last+year+pose+for+a+group+photo+at+the+end+of+the+awards+ceremony.+This+year%2C+23+students+are+expected+to+participate+in+French+competitions.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The French students from last year pose for a group photo at the end of the awards ceremony. This year, 23 students are expected to participate in French competitions.

Veronica Skomra

Veronica Skomra

Veronica Skomra

On March 23, students who excel in the study of a foreign language will head to competition at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. This year is the thirtieth annual APPLES foreign language festival. Students who go can choose from language proficiency, performing arts and art and culture competitions to compete in. Only French, German and Spanish language proficiency tests are available, but all other world languages are able to take part in the performing arts and art and culture competitions. This year, around 70 students across the three languages are participating.

“We always look forward to showcasing our language skills and hope to have an overall successful performance at the competition,” French teacher Veronica Skomra said.