A Star Is Born tops charts

Lady Gaga at the premiere of A Star Is Born, 2018 Toronto Film Festival

By GabboT (Star Is Born 04) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Nina Cipriani, Editor in Chief

This is a must see movie. Both of the main characters were played by fantastic actors, and the plot was very intriguing. It very much pulls on a person’s heart strings.

In “A Star Is Born,” Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga fuse their considerable talents to depict the raw and passionate tale of Jack and Ally, two artistic souls coming together, on stage and in life. Theirs is a complex journey through the beauty and the heartbreak of a relationship struggling to survive.

In this new take on the iconic love story, four-time Oscar nominee Cooper (“American Sniper,” “American Hustle,” “Silver Linings Playbook”), makes his directorial debut, and also stars alongside multiple award-winning, Oscar-nominated music superstar Gaga in her first leading role in a major motion picture. Cooper portrays seasoned musician Jackson Maine, who discovers and falls in love with struggling artist Ally. She has given up on her dream to become a successful singer, until she meets Jack, who immediately sees her natural talent.

In addition to playing Ally, Gaga—who earned an Oscar nod for the song “Til It Happens to You” from the film “The Hunting Ground”—performs original songs in the film with Cooper, which they wrote with a handful of artists, including Lukas Nelson, Jason Isbell and Mark Ronson. The music is original and all vocals for the movie were recorded live during filming.

Cooper not only acted in the movie, but he also was a major producer of the film.

Gaga is talented both in the music industry and in the acting industry. She is a tremendous actress, and her singing voice is astounding. The producers and directors made a very good choice choosing her for this lead role in the movie.

The end of the movie contains one of the most emotional sequence of scenes.  This movie gets five stars.

The movie has a 90 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It has also grossed over $19.4 million since its release on Oct. 5. The album from “A Star Is Born” is currently #2 on the iTunes album charts.  The songs “Shallow” and “Always Remember Us This Way” rank #1 and #2 on the iTunes charts for all genres.

http://www.astarisbornmovie.com/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_star_is_born_2018/

About the Writer
Nina Cipriani, Editor in Chief

My name is Nina Cipriani, and I am a senior at AAHS. I enjoy hanging out with my friends and watching Netflix when school and work are not occupying all...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “A Star Is Born tops charts”

1. Marissa Kessler on October 29th, 2018 2:04 pm

This piece really covers the basis of the movie and gives a wonderful insight. I saw the movie prior to reading this, but if I hadn’t, I would have went out to see it right away!!!

2. McKenzie Quirin on October 29th, 2018 2:21 pm

This opinion article is great and includes many good AP style. It clearly covers what the movie is about even if I do not know what it fully is about. It also shows how much the movie has made from the start of the release date.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• A Star Is Born tops charts

Opinion

Jersey Mike’s, Powerhouse subs compete for customers

• A Star Is Born tops charts

Opinion

School needs multiple changes to make environment more modern, comfortable

• A Star Is Born tops charts

Opinion

Preparation and precaution needed, not thoughts and prayers

• A Star Is Born tops charts

Opinion

Grading for students who leave early

• A Star Is Born tops charts

Opinion

Bohemian Rhapsody deserves royal status

• A Star Is Born tops charts

Opinion

Early education needed to deter students from E cigarettes

• Opinion

EDITORIAL: Water is not clear choice

• A Star Is Born tops charts

Opinion

Fire alarm boxes need plastic shields installed

• A Star Is Born tops charts

Opinion

NEW HALLOWEEN MOVIE IS NOTHING COMPARED TO ORIGINAL

• A Star Is Born tops charts

Opinion

EDITORIAL: Homecoming committee should consider new dance venue

A Star Is Born tops charts