Baker Mansion Halloween tours

Halloween. Baker Mansions tours will be held on weekends this month. Their final tour will be held on Oct. 21.
Kate Rimbeck
Halloween. Baker Mansion’s tours will be held on weekends this month. Their final tour will be held on Oct. 21.

On Oct. 6, 7, 13, 14, 20 and 21, Baker Mansion will be holding Halloween tours from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.. They are also looking for student volunteers to help with running the gift shop, assisting in the tours and distributing hot chocolate to keep the guests warm in the cold October air. 

“Come join us at the Baker Mansion for a night of haunted tales, as you tour the mansion in limited lighting with an LED candle or lantern,” executive director of Blair County Historical Society Kate Rimbeck said. “You can hear the ghost stories based on experiences of those that worked or visited here. From the haunted tales of voices in the basement to the dancing ghost on the second floor, you can learn the history of the Baker family and their tales of misfortune. And who knows, you might even meet them.” 

Admission is $5 per person. Tickets are first come, first serve. If interested in volunteering on any of the days, see Deidra Dumm in B120.