Gymnasts win home opener

Hoping for another undefeated season

Go+team%21+The+team+gets+pumped+up+before+they+have+to+start+competing.+The+team+does+this+every+meet.+

Ben Blackie

Go team! The team gets pumped up before they have to start competing. The team does this every meet.

Ben Blackie, Reporter

On Dec. 9, the girls’ gymnastics team won their first home meet. The team has a total of 21 gymnasts this season. The girls competed against DuBois and The Panthers. Last year, the team went undefeated. The team has 11 meets left in the regular season.

Ben Blackie
Hi! After the team came out of the hallway into the gym, each of the girls introduced themselves. Each girl pointed themselves out and said their names.
Ben Blackie
Spin! Sidnie Yoder’s spins during her floor routine. Yoder tumbled and danced to a melody of Michael Jackson.
Ben Blackie
Jump! Amiradama Smith-Banks is in mid spin while she competes on bars. Smith-Banks helped the team win.
Ben Blackie
Nice! Head coach, Mark Biseli, and Teiha Weaver watch one of the gymnasts compete. During the meets, Biseli helps coach and guide the girls into being the best gymnast she can be.
Ben Blackie
Up! Sophomore Macy Yost jumps in the air while competing on beam. Yost also competed on vault.
Ben Blackie
Congrats! Ashlynn Irwin holds a sign of one of her teammate’s scores. Irwin helped record and announce scores during the meet.