Leiya Resig shares her experience in dance

Eva Drumm, Guest Writer

Since she was three years old, sophomore Leiya Resig has been dancing at Sigel’s School of Dance. Although she did not have a choice about dancing when she was smaller, as she got older she realized how much she loved to dance and loved the people around her and joined the Lioneers. 

Resig’s’s biggest supporters are her family and all of her friends because they encourage her and compliment her throughout her dance career. 

Leiya is a quiet introverted person around people she doesn’t know, but once you get to know her she is an extremely nice, outgoing person. Leiya can be really funny and is always competitive,” One of Resig’s’s dance friends, freshmenRylie Keagysaid.

With being in dance for many years, Resig has met many people who’ve helped her and encouraged her throughout her career.

“My experience in dance has been very good overall. I made a lot of good friends that are like family now,” Resig said.

Having been taught many years by her teacher, Mindy Frye, she is one of her biggest influences. 

“My dance teacher is a good influence because she taught me all I know,” Resig said. 

Although some athletes don’t do their sport through college because of how time consuming it is, Resig is planning to do alumni classes in college.

”In the future I hope to be dancing in college,but after college I won’t dance as much as I do now,” Resig said.

Alumni classes are classes dancers take after they graduate from a dance studio and want to go further.