Announcements for 5/19

Seniors: If you have been approved for your AfterGlo tickets, you can stop by Mrs. Irwin’s
room, A334, anytime today to pick up your tickets.
Attention FLC members: There will be a final 2023 FLC meeting this Monday, May 22 nd
beginning at 2:55 PM. Any FLC member who is interested in being a club officer next year
must attend this meeting. You must be an active club member for at least one year prior to
running for a club officer position. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Skomra.
Attention all students: Any student interested in playing tennis and attending summer tennis
clinics, please sign up in room A221 (Frau Mitchell’s room).
Attention Students: All library books are due TODAY.
There will be a brief meeting for any boys and girls in grades 9 through 11 interested in
running cross-country in the fall of 2023 on Wednesday, May 24 th during 8 th period in room
B201. Hope to see you there!
Not sure what you want to do with your life when you graduate? Lost trying to research the
right career for you? Join PA CareerLink Blair County for a series of career exploration
activities, followed by a job shadow in your field of interest. Once you complete all
requirements, you can earn a $50 incentive that is sent in the mail. If you are interested in this
opportunity, stop by the guidance office for a flyer with more info.
Friday, May 26 is Genius Hour sharing day. Because all student devices will be turned in
before May 26, the sharing plans have been modified. All students are asked to share their
Genius Hour projects on Twitter and / or Instagram using the hashtag #aahsgenius.  In
addition to the hashtag, your post should include a video of you describing your project. If
you have a product to show, please include it in the video. You can easily record a video
using your phone. Students who do not have the ability to record should see Mr. Baker for
assistance. We will highlight some of the Genius Hour projects during the Teacher Talent
Show.  In order for your project to be considered, you must post to social media no later
than 3 PM Thursday, May 25, 2023. Be sure to set the post’s privacy to public. Don’t forget
the #aahsgenius hashtag!