ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MONDAY, APRIL 19, 2021

ATTENTION SENIORS:  Have you made your final decision about plans for after graduation?  Let your school counselor know where you want your final transcripts to be sent.

Are you a SUPER FAN?  Do you love yelling at games and helping to get the student body pumped for games?  Do you want to see more school spirit here at AAHS?  Interested in dressing as the MASCOT at some games?  Then Mrs. Kline wants YOU in the Maniacs – our AAHS school spirit group.  This homeroom is open to any incoming junior or senior.  Stop in B312 or email Mrs. Kline at [email protected] about being added to the list.

The Covid-19 Pandemic has obviously affected us all, but did you know that it has also affected the funding of our local Central PA Humane Society?  Why not help the AAHS Student Council as we raise funds for our furry friends! All you have to do is bring in $1 and a picture of your pets.  Your pets’ pictures will then be put on display throughout the school for all students to enjoy, and the money raised will be donated to the Humane Society. Money and pictures can be turned in to Mrs. McAleer in A309, Mrs. Hogan in B318, or the school store. The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 23. 

Calling all artists: The staff of Et cetera, the Art & Literary Magazine of AAHS, is now accepting submissions for the 2021 edition to be printed at the end of the school year. All mediums of art are accepted as long as they are original work: drawings, paintings, photographs, sculpture, poetry, short stories, essays, music compositions, and any other artistic endeavors you are proud of and want to share! Check with your Art and English teachers for more information, or contact Mrs. Lowe in A215 (or at [email protected]) if you have questions. Submissions are due by April 30th.

ATTENTION 9TH GRADERS:  The applications for Leadership Blair County Youth are due in the Counseling office by April 21st.  The Blair County Chamber website has more information on this great opportunity to develop your leadership potential.

Attention all Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors:  Have you done any community service work in the past year?  Community service performed for the school course doesn’t count.  If so, you could win $200 from The Challenge Program!  We don’t have many applications yet so don’t assume you have not done enough community service to win.  Applications for the Community Service awards are available in the Guidance Office.  Applications are due by 

April 28th.