ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2021

ATTENTION ALL LOVERS OF ART! Whether you love visual art or the written word, consider joining Et cetera, the Art & Literary Magazine of AAHS. We will have a short organizational meeting after school this Thursday, October 14th in A213. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lowe in A213 or email her at [email protected]. See you Thursday!

Attention Students: The make up date for Provine school pictures will be October 18th. This will be the LAST chance to have your photo taken to be included in the yearbook. Students will report to the student commons during their English classes. Please look for passes at the end of this week. If you do not receive a pass, please see Mrs. Vanish.

Attention Student Council: There will be a Student Council meeting on Thursday, October 14th at 7AM in the Theater Commons area.

Anyone interested in joining the National Art Honor Society should see one of the Art teachers for an application. Applicants must have earned an A in all Art classes taken at the High School and an overall GPA of an 86%. Applications are due Friday, October 22nd.

Attention Juniors and Seniors: Due to a supply shortage with Claysburg Pizza, the Claysburg Stromboli Fundraiser benefiting the 2022 Prom has been changed. Order forms and money are now due on Wednesday, October 20th. The orders will now be delivered to the AAHS on WEDNESDAY, November 3rd. Please contact Mrs. Harris or Mr. Dumm for more information.

Attention students: Check out the fall Horseshoe Yearbook survey on google docs all this week!

AAHS Juniors & Seniors taking the S.A.T. this Fall:
It is Week #7 on Mr. Spayd’s S.A.T. Math Google Classroom Site.
Anyone interested in improving their SAT score is encouraged to join.
Use the following access code:
2 u f 5 6 p d
Those students planning to take the November 6th S.A.T., you can still
register with College Board however it is now with a late fee.
Stop by B213 or email [email protected] if you have any questions.

A reminder to junior students and teachers of the PSAT this Wednesday. The testing students will need to check in with homeroom teacher and then to their testing room immediately. The list of students testing and room assignments will be emailed to teachers and posted in the Counseling Office window.
Students will NOT be getting a pass to go to testing room.
Students should bring several number 2 pencils and an approved calculator. All other belongings, especially electronic devices, must be in locker. Per college board regulations, no students can enter the PSAT testing rooms once testing has begun for any reason.
The testing will start promptly at 8:00 and should end at 11:45. The testing students who eat A and B lunch normally, will eat C lunch and can sit in the lobby of the field house.

Attention Students: A representative from South Hills Business School will be set up during lunches on Thursday, October 14. Please stop by their table if you are interested in more information.