DeStefano shares passion of singing

Madalyn Miller, Guest Writer

Senior Mia DeStefano is in the chorus. DeStefano began singing in first grade and really got into it when she was in seventh grade. Her mother has always been her biggest supporter through her singing career.  

“For chorus, we practice a lot of notes and build more improvement in the area,’’  DeStefano said. 

Growing up, DeStefano was really into music. When she started at the junior high as a seventh grader, that gave her an opportunity to join the chorus and show her talent. As she got more comfortable with singing in front of people, DeStefano got a role as an old lady in the drama club. She also performed in other musicals where she got to sing and showcase her talent. 

“If you strongly want to pursue it, I would stay in chorus and always go to areas you need improvement in and then go from there,’’ DeStefano said.  

Though DeStefano has advice for kids who would like to be in chorus, she would not want to pursue singing after college. Some of her favorite artists are Ariana Grande, Astrid S and Sabrina Carpenter. 

“I wouldn’t want to be a professional singer because I would probably get shy in front of everyone,” DeStefano said. 

After graduating from high school,  DeStefano wants to continue doing martial arts to receive her black belt and go to college. Her life will not change without singing because she will continue to sing for fun, around friends and family.