Tanzi expresses passion for health

Ryan Longstreth, Guest Writer

Haley Tanzi is a freshman on the Horseshoe staff. Not many people have accomplished this, seeing as freshmen had to be on the staff in their eighth grade year of middle school, along with having a teacher recommendation. 

“[It is] Challenging but not in a bad way,” Tanzi said. “It’s a challenge to work together and show you have your own special part in the staff.”

A little known fact about Tanzi is that she has a passion for health. In fact, it’s something of utmost importance for her. She wants others to understand the importance of it as well. She hopes people can be educated on health and its importance.

“It’s not impossible to know yourself and how to take care of yourself,” Tanzi said. ““People who struggle with mental and physical health don’t always understand themselves and that’s a problem that could be fixed.”

Although she doesn’t yet know what she wants to do after high school, Tanzi’s attitude towards health gives her something to be passionate about and even possible goals for her future. Having such a strong opinion about something usually allows people to take that and apply it to something like a career.

“I would definitely buy into being the CEO of a company that is specifically made for raising awareness for mental and physical health,” Tanzi said.

According to Tanzi, if a health-centered club at AAHS were to exist, she wouldn’t only want to join it, but she’d like to run it. 

Tanzi has big dreams for her future. However, just as anyone can, she can accomplish them with enough determination. 

According to Tanzi, “Both [physical and mental health] are important, but physical is more important, because you need to maintain a healthy body, whether you want to or not.”