“I’m In”

Courtesy of Elly Eisel

Elly Eisel is a senior and is moving on after graduation to pursue a career in nursing.

Jayla Nartatez, Reporter

Senior Elly Eisel has plans to attend Bloomsburg University after graduating.  For this senior blog, Eisel talks certain elements about her future.

Q: What college will you be attending?

A: Bloomsburg University

Q: Why did you decide to go there?

A: The campus is a reasonable size and they have a well-respected and high ranked nursing program. 

Q: What are you majoring in or planning on studying in?

A: Nursing

Q: Will you be participating in sports/extracurricular activities?

A: I hope to somehow still be involved in music, but for the moment, my education is my top priority. 

Q: What excites you the most about college?

A: Meeting new people and growing into the person I aspire to be. 

Q: Is there anything about college that intimidates you?

A: The lack of guidance from a parental figure and attending a school where you don’t know anyone. 

Q: What other colleges were you looking at as other options?

A: Penn State (Main), Saint Francis, Clarion, Pitt

Q: Why did you think this college was the best choice for you? What about the school interested you?

A: Bloomsburg was the best fit for me because I enjoy the area and believe that I had the best chance of achieving my goals at this particular school. What interested me was the amount of support given to each student to ensure they are getting the best education possible. I also think the medical facilities surrounding the campus are a good fit for my clinical learning experiences. 

Q: How do you feel about senior year ending so soon?

A: I feel sad, but also hopeful and excited for the future. I will miss my classmates and family, but believe it is important to go through this life shift in order to grow. 

Q: What do you think will be the biggest difference between high

school and college?

A: The biggest difference will be the sense of independence. You are left to rely on yourself to satisfy all your needs.